Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cookies Baking: TKO + Conversation Cookies

So now I started our blog, thought I would like to start with something pretty and maybe surprising for all my potential reader.

For Valentine's day I thought I wanna do something special for my valentine. So I decided to bake some Orea for him since he loves Chocolate so much. And some pretty conversation cookies to make the overall presentation prettier.

The whole process took us 7 hrs. We made everything from scratch, from 1. Chocolate Sable Dough:
To cut the cookies and place it on the baking sheet was sort of a pain for us. It is extremely difficult to keep them in shape. I think there must be an easier way to do it. Or simply because KL is too hot and the cookies get warm and soft real quick.

2. White Chocolate Ganache Filling:
It was this:
Become this:

Assemble them together, tada!
The Chocolate cookies was a bit bitter and very rich in chocolate scent. The white chocolate is actually not very sweet yet very creamy. They are fabu-licous together! :D

At the same time, we start baking some Sugar cookies for Conversation Cookies, from scratch. Too. Ofcoz.
And the icing too! How pretty are them!! :D
While writing msg on my sugar cookies, I thought why don't I just decorate my Orea too? So I start it with this:
How cute is this, I thought I can masses and sell them!

Then to the whole box of my cookies, my final masterpiece:
And Yiin even brought it to another extent, how cute are they!! We are so talented!!
Started @11a.m. Finished baking 6p.m. We are exhausted.

9 comments:

  1. 1st ever comment on this blog!

    Such Kiasu i am indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like your new blog!
    Like the positive vibe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how dare you choon, you're 1 min before me!!

    Horray!!!!!!

    It's our first blog together. Well i contributed the photos so dare to say "our"blog... Ha-ha-ha

    The cookies was soooo lovely... Simon said he still keep in on the shelves... I hope it's stilll doing find there.

    So this prove how potential we are to be a great a cooking mama in future!!!

    Honestly, the Oreo was the best tasted Oreo ever! We put in some magic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you suppose to login with your gmail account that i authorized you to be able to post my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... Nice first blog Moo. Maybe your dough is too wet that's why it's too soft? Give it another try next round and I think you surely will get it right. Did you do it on your own or with Yin?

    Anyways... keep writing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH... try including the mass of the ingredients so others can try it up too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank youuuuuuu. I actually don't really know what is "right" u know... hahaha

    Yes, me and yiin do it together. next time we should have some cooking/baking party ok?

    Yea you are right about the recipe... i was just too lazy....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I want to try too. :) Looked so nice. Two lucky men

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moo,

    Come to think of it, i have been on this Blogger plafrom for almost seven years now, after heeding your advice of dumping the lackluster interface that was friendster back then...hmm time definitely flies...

    Yiing,

    Urmm...i mean...LOL?

    ReplyDelete